We want everyone to be at their best....even us!
Our products and services are provided by Socoloco Technologies Inc.
We have sole discretion as to whether or not you as a General User or your Charity are featured on our site and how any information about you as a General User or your Charity is displayed. Additionally, all registered Canadian Charities (excluding Fundraisers or Not for Profits) must provide a charitable registration number, issued to them by the Government of Canada.
SHARE & SHARE ALIKE:
As a user, you retain ownership of any content you post. By posting you are agreeing to allow Diggit, BeGiving, GoBid and our Users the ability to re-purpose & share your content under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/). If you don't own the rights to the content you post, we retain the right to remove it.
If you donate or purchase items/cash on any of our charity brands (BeGiving.ca's registered charities and GoBid.ca's registered charity auction holders) or through our partnership with UsedHelps.com, you accept that we share your contact information with the registered Charity who is benefiting from your donation.
COST TO USE:
There is no cost to set up an account on any of our brands.
- If you are selling items online through a Diggit Shop, we charge 2% + GST (so 2.1% total including GST). Stripe charges a payment processing fees of 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction.
- If you are a Charity or Fundraiser on BeGiving.ca we charge 15% + GST (so 15.75% including GST) per transaction. Stripe charges an additional payment processing fees of 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction. Note: The payment deposited into your Stripe account is net all fees. We do not take our fees on shipping or tax you charge (if applicable) but these items are subject to Stripe fees.
- If you are a Registered Charity on GoBid.ca we charge 10% + GST ( so 10.5% including GST) on the gross amount you raise and Stripe charges 2.5% + $0.30 per transaction. If you are an Individual Fundraiser or a Business Organization hosting a GoBid.ca auction, we charge 12% GST (so 12.75% including GST) on the gross amount you raise and Stripe charges an additional 2.5% + $0.30 per transaction.
We reserve the right to edit or remove content at any time, for any reason. We ask that you please not post anything that is inappropriate, illegal, or restricted. Examples of these items and services are, but are not limited to:
- Stolen Property
- Alcohol or Tobacco products.
- Illegal, Prescription or Over-the-counter Drugs & Drug Paraphernalia
- Most Car Seats or Booster Seats - Manufactured prior to January 1st, 2012
- Police, Government and Transit Uniforms, IDs and Licenses
- All Baby Walkers and Cribs manufactured before 1986
- Restricted or Illegal Weapons Including Their Parts (such as firearms, firearm parts, magazines and ammunition)
- Blood, Bodily Fluids or Parts
- Counterfeit Items
- Adult Only Items
- Escort services
- Prostitution or the offering of sex, sexual favours or any sexual act in exchange for money
- Animals - both pets and livestock.
Please do not......
- Place ads into the wrong category
- Create multiple ads for the same item within 90 days
- Post ads for competing websites.
- Post Copyrighted material without the owner's permission
- Post contact information other than your own including pictures, phone numbers and email addresses
- Post harmful links.
- Send inappropriate messages to our members.
- Post an ad with generic or misleading information.
- Solicit other sellers except to express a genuine interest in their items or services
- Post schemes, multi-level marketing or requests for money to receive more information.
- Post profanity, pornography or any other offensive or defamatory content
- Post libelous, slanderous comments about donors, fellow bidders or auction owners; such actions will be taken seriously.
- Send robots & spiders that automatically run through our site to scrape and steal.
- Buy or sell if you’re a minor (under the age of 18).
MAINTAINING YOUR ACCOUNT:
On all 3 brands: Diggit.ca, BeGiving.ca and GoBid.ca you are responsible for:
- Posting items you have the right to sell and details that reflect the true quality and state of the item.
- Removing your listing once the item, or service, is no longer available.
- Ensuring your contact information is current and correct.
- Registering for and connecting your Stripe account (if you want to have e-commerce capabilities on your page) *Note: you must have a Stripe account to host auction on GoBid.ca or to receive donations/payments on BeGiving.ca & UsedHelps.com
BUYING AND SELLING LIABILITY:
The material displayed on the Diggit, BeGiving, and GoBid sites is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we and third parties connected to us are excluded from:
- Any liability related to all stated or implied conditions, warranties and other terms.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it.
LEAVING THE SITE:
If you leave Diggit, BeGiving, or GoBid through any external links, we make no warrants or guarantees regarding the other websites and assume no responsibility for content of and/or functions performed by third party sites.
Diggit, BeGiving and GoBid reserve the right to update this agreement at any time in the future without notification. Updates will take effect when posting your next item or when your ad/s expire. If you have any questions about our terms, please feel free to contact us.
Diggit, BeGiving, and GoBid are not responsible for pages cached by third parties.
CONTACT US DIRECTLY:
Avocette technologies owns GoBid.ca, Diggit,ca and BeGiving.ca. If you have any questions about the platforms please direct them to Ashwini.Nikhil@avocette.com or Alan.Spara@avocette.com.